Benefits of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Relieves anxiety, tension and stress, and is indicated for depression, apathy, increased nervousness and shock;
- Promotes a positive mood and increases feelings of cheerfulness and optimism;
- Strengthens the nervous system and is effective for diseases exacerbated by nervous over-strain, including asthma, stress, loss of strength, and excessive drowsiness;
- Diminishes insomnia. Banishes negative thoughts and overthinking to help accelerate the sleep process, and improves quality of sleep;
- Improves blood circulation, lowers blood pressure and decreases heart rate;
- Eliminates headaches and migraines;
- Eases symptoms of PMS, perimenopause and postmenopause;
- A known aphrodisiac. Increases sexual desire and longevity. Alleviates impotency;
- Repels flying insects.
- Eases digestive discomfort, such as stomach cramps when massaged onto the stomach (in a clockwise direction);
- Relieves dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps) when applied to the abdomen and lower back;
- Balances oil production to prevent excessive dryness or oiliness. Soothes and remedies inflammatory and bacterial skin conditions including acne, dermatitis and eczema;
- Prevents and alleviates premature ageing. Stimulates cell regeneration, smooths and tones the skin, improves the skin’s firmness and elasticity;
- Heals minor skin afflictions such as cuts, scratches and bug bites, facilitates faster wound healing and disinfects wounds to prevent sepsis;
- Remedies fungal infections;
- Strengthens the nails when massaged into the nail plate. Prevents breaking and peeling, and imparts strength and shine;
- Balances sebum production on the scalp, alleviates dandruff and promotes hair growth by reducing brittle hair, breakage and hair fall;
- Relieves stiff and sore muscles;
- Increases blood circulation to strengthen the vascular system and prevent pain and discomfort in the legs.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For sleep disorders: use in a diffuser; add to water and spritz on the pillow and sheets; apply topically to the soles of the feet, wrists and temples; or add a few drops to a warm bath.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Basic Properties of Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiseptic, anti-seborrheic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitussive, antiviral, anxiolytic, aphrodisiac, calmative, cicatrizing, circulatory, disinfectant, emollient, hypnotic, hypotensive, insecticide, nervine, sedative, stimulant, tonic.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Blossoms
Aroma: Sweet, rich, spicy