Used in aromatherapy:
- Eases stress and calms the mind and body;
- Prevents restlessness;
- Uplifting to boost the mood;
- Boosts the immune system;
- Removes airborne pathogens
- Superior moisturising and skin softening properties. Adds a protective layer to the skin. Also exfoliates the skin, relieves itching, and resolves extreme dryness, as well as helping to heal and repair inflammatory conditions such as rashes, eczema and psoriasis;
- Cleanses and exfoliates the skin, unclogs pores and addresses any bacterial infection to benefit acne-prone skin;
- Prevents the activity of two enzymes involved in skin ageing which break down collagen and destroy skin elasticity. By maintaining collagen and elastin, and stimulating skin cell renewal, it helps to keeps the skin looking more youthful and deters the formation of wrinkles;
- Heals minor burns and skin afflictions such as scratches and bug bites and prevents them from getting infected. Also soothes and heals sunburn;
- Maintains the skin’s elasticity to reduce the formation of stretchmarks during pregnancy;
- The rich composition of essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals relieves dryness on the scalp and alleviates dandruff. Prevents clogged hair follicles, moisturises and thickens the hair, and guards against hair fall;
- Relieves muscle fatigue and aches;
- Brings pain relief for earache caused by blocked wax, irritation and infection. For best results warm the diluted oil first and use as drops.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Mango Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For sleep disorders: use in a diffuser; add to water and spritz on the pillow and sheets; apply topically to the soles of the feet, wrists and temples; or add a few drops to a warm bath.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Leaves
Aroma: Sweet and deliciously tropical