Benefits of Tea Tree Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Allays anxiety, reduces stress and relieves insomnia;
- Boosts immunity and fights infections;
- Expectorant properties to prevent nasal and respiratory congestion, combats a fever, relieves dizziness and fatigue, allays the pain and pressure of a sinus headache, and eliminates harmful bacteria.
- Helps to combat and heal skin conditions and fungal infections, such as thrush or ringworm, soothe cuts and burns, and is particularly helpful for the elimination of scabies. Supports wound healing;
- Soothes skin irritation and inflammation. Relieves contact dermatitis, eczema, insect bites, diaper rash, hives, poison ivy, shaving rash, and prickly heat, and eases the symptoms of psoriasis;
- Combats the herpes virus which can help with cold sores, and it is an effective wart remover;
- Deeply cleanses, tones, and purifies the pores, and helps to regulate sebum to balance oily or dry skin. Effective against acne and breakouts;
- Restores the complexion. Reduces the occurrence of dark spots and scars;
- Regulates oil production on the scalp, soothes dry and flaking skin and treats dandruff;
- Boosts circulation to actively stimulate hair growth. Deters brittle hair;
- A natural remedy for lice;
- Brings pain relief from arthritic afflictions, relieves sore muscles;
- Relieves carpal tunnel syndrome when applied to the wrists;
- Helps to strengthen and stimulate the immune system, and eliminate bodily toxins;
- Home treatment for hemorrhoids to reduce itching, burning, pain and discomfort and promote healing;
- A natural insect repellent.
A mouthwash: supports oral health, relieves fungal or bacterial infections, and freshens breath. Also use to disinfect a toothbrush;
Disinfectant soak: ideal for hair brush and comb, and make-up brushes and sponges;
Disinfectant spray: remove mold and mildew in kitchen and bathroom. Also effective on plants;
Laundry freshener: particularly useful in case of scabies, ringworm or other contagious infection;
A natural chemical-free insect repellent: keep mosquitoes away. Also deters bees, bed bugs, fire ants, fleas, flies (including horse flies), spiders and ticks;
Air freshener: purify the air and eliminate airborne pathogens;
A gargle: relieves a sore throat;
Add to a bath: reduces aches, pains and inflammation, treats fungal infection (scabies, ringworm, etc) and remedies a bladder infection. Recommended for anyone suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, as it helps to facilitate the body’s immune system;
A foot soak: soothes and revives tired or swollen feet. Disinfects and deodorises, relieves inflammation, boosts healing for any cracks or cuts, remedies fungal infections, and relieves painful bunions;
A warm compress: relieves muscular aches and pains. Also recommended to relieve cysts and boils;
A cold compress: soothes bites, bumps and bruises.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Tea Tree Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
For lice: mix three to five drops of tea tree oil with three tablespoons of a carrier oil and apply to infested hair for 30 to 40 minutes.
For bath: add a few drops to a bath product
Gargle/mouthwash: add a few drops to a glass of water. Do not swallow!
Cleaner: Add Mix 20 drops of tea tree oil, 3/4 cup of water and a 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
Compress: soak a cloth in water, add a few drops of tea tree oil and apply to the desired area.
Insect repellent: Dilute tea tree oil in some water/carrier oil/lotion and rub or spritz onto the skin.
Basic Properties of Tea Tree Essential Oil
Analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-itching, anti-psoriatic, antiseptic, antiviral, expectorant, immune stimulant, insecticide, parasiticidal, skin healing.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Leaves and twigs
Aroma: Fresh camphoraceous