Benefits of Jasmine Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Soothes nervous tension and anxiety;
- Remedies apathy, indifference and listlessness;
- Elevates feelings of happiness and contentment;
- Aphrodisiac – improves mood, increases romantic and positive feelings, and boosts energy levels;
- Promotes quality sleep for those suffering from anxiety related sleep disorders;
- Reduces infections in the respiratory system and can relieve colds and coughs;
- Treats and relaxes spasms to relieve coughs, congestion, asthma and breathlessness;
- Alleviates hot flashes and irritability in menopause and relieves premenstrual emotional symptoms;
- Promotes or improves lactation in nursing mothers.
- Helps fade scars and stretch marks;
- Diminishes the appearance of blemishes, fine lines, and wrinkles;
- Promotes healthy-looking, glowing skin;
- Remedies fungal infections;
- Reduces inflammation;
- Relieves cramped muscles when used in massage.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Jasmine Essential Oil should not be applied to broken or cracked skin.
Do not ingest.
Application of Jasmine Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For sleep disorders: use in a diffuser; add to water and spritz on the pillow and sheets; apply topically to the soles of the feet, wrists and temples; or add a few drops to a warm bath.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For skin care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Basic Properties of Jasmine Essential Oil
Antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, anxiolytic, aphrodisiac, cicatrizing, galactagogue, sedative.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Stems and blossoms
Aroma: Sensuous, warm, exotic, intense and sweet