Benefits of Grapefruit Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Uplifting and soothing, relieves stress, improves the mood and naturally lowers blood pressure;
- Increases mental focus, diminishes brain fog, mental fatigue, sleepiness, and low motivation. May help to remedy hypoadrenia;
- Helps fight throat and respiratory infections, helping to clear congestion, promote easier breathing, and increase energy levels;
- Promotes weight loss. Increases metabolism, reduces cravings and hunger;
- Purifies and disinfects the air. Eliminates unpleasant odours as well as airborne pathogens.
- Rectifies acne and breakouts. Deeply purifies the pores to remove dirt, sebum and bacteria. Helps to regulate sebum production, and reduces large pores;
- Smooths, tones, firms and brightens the skin;
- Remedies fungal infections;
- Heals cuts and scratches and other skin wounds. Promotes healing and protects against infection;
- A body massage boosts circulation and reduces water retention, adding detoxifying and slimming properties;
- Helpful in massage to tone the skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite;
- Can improve digestion when applied to the abdomen;
- Reduces muscle aches, strains and stiffness. Helps to remedy menstrual cramps;
- Cleanses the scalp, balances sebum production, reduces greasy hair, eliminates dandruff, and gives the hair bounce and shine. Protects the hair against UV damage.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Grapefruit Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Avoid sunlight exposure for 12 hours after using grapefruit essential oil on the skin
Basic Properties of Grapefruit Essential Oil
Antibacterial, antidepressant, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, astringent, decongestant, depurative, digestive, diuretic, restorative, stimulant, tonic
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Peel
Aroma: Sharp refreshing