Benefits of Fennel Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Has a relaxing effect on the nervous system and body to calm anxiety, nervousness and restlessness. Strengthens the emotions;
- Reinforces brain and neural activity to enhance mental clarity and focus;
- Acts as a stimulant and aids bodily functions, and can help to overcome fatigue.
- Promotes efficient functioning of the digestive, excretory and nervous systems.
- Helps to balance oily skin. Effective against bacteria causing acne, and deeply cleanses the pores of dirt and dust, removes excess skin cells, and minimises the pores;
- Helpful for ageing skin, stimulates cell regeneration, enhances elasticity and moisturises and firms the skin;
- Protects wounds from becoming infected by harmful bacteria, and accelerates wound healing;
- Prevents and eliminates fungal infections;
- Reduces discolouration of the skin, evens out imperfections;
- Brings relief to inflammatory conditions of the skin including eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, bites and rashes. Can also help to diminish under-eye bags or a puffy complexion;
- Effective to reduce the appearance of cellulite;
- Has a warming effect on the skin and promotes blood circulation to relieve sore muscles and joints. Provides relief from rheumatic complaints;
- Has antispasmodic properties to reduce muscle or nerve spasms. Apply to stomach for digestive relief, the abdomen and lower back to reduce menstrual pain;
- Treats dandruff and relieves an itchy scalp. Nourishes the hair and can help to reduce hair fall.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Fennel Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Basic Properties of Fennel Essential Oil
Anaesthetic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-cellulite, antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent, calmative, cicatrisant, stimulant.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Seeds
Aroma: Reminiscent of anise (liquorice-like)