Used in aromatherapy:
- Balances the nervous system. Has a calming effect on the mind and allays anxiety, reduces stress, mental fatigue and mood disorders;
- Improves brain function. Clears the mind and improves focus and concentration;
- Natural pain relief to reduce the discomfort of aches and pains;
- Offers respiratory support. Works as a natural decongestant to break down phlegm and mucus, and expands bronchi and bronchioles of the lungs to promote easier breathing. Alleviates coughs, a blocked or runny nose, and a sore throat. Demonstrated to help with asthma, bronchitis and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease;
- Rapidly decreases symptoms of hay fever (allergic rhinitis);
- Increases immunity and supports faster recovery from infections by increasing white blood cells (macrophages) in the blood;
- Repels mosquitoes and other biting insects for up to 8 hours. Also effective against moths, flies, bed bugs, cockroaches and rodents.
- Allays a cough and loosens mucus when applied as a chest rub;
- Relieves sinus pressure when massaged into the temples;
- Soothes skin irritation and inflammation. Relieves contact dermatitis, eczema, insect bites, diaper rash, hives, poison ivy, shaving rash, and prickly heat, and eases the symptoms of psoriasis. Its cooling properties also make it ideal for the relief of sunburn;
- Combats the herpes simplex virus to reduce the occurrence of cold sores, plus reduces the pain of a cold sore and accelerates healing;
- Treats small wounds, cuts and abrasions, prevents infection and accelerates healing. Also effective treatment for skin ulcers, cysts and boils;
- Helps to combat and heal skin conditions and fungal infections, such as thrush or ringworm;
- Counteracts dry skin. Intensely hydrates and boosts the skin’s ceramide production, a fatty acid which increases the skin’s moisture-retaining capabilities, and reinforces the skin’s barrier protection;
- Helps to lighten dark spots;
- Effectively reduces levels of the enzyme COX-2 which the body produces a surplus of during an eczema flare-up;
- Relieves acne by neutralising P. acne bacteria and helping to reduce sebum production;
- Powerful anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties bring relief to muscle stiffness, sprains, strains, tendinitis and joint pain;
- Stimulates the scalp, reduces dandruff, treats lice, strengthens the hair and improves elasticity, boosts shine, and stimulates the follicles for healthy hair growth;
- A natural chemical-free insect repellent to keep mosquitoes away. Also deters bed bugs, flies and ticks.
- Supports oral health: Diluted in water as a mouthwash or adding a drop to toothpaste can prevent plaque buildup, relieve fungal or bacterial infections, and freshen breath. Can also be used to disinfect a toothbrush. Do not swallow!;
- Disinfectant spray: Remove mold and mildew in kitchen and bathroom. Spray in the dirty laundry basket to eliminate a musty smell, or use as a laundry freshener. Particularly useful in case of scabies, ringworm or other contagious infection. Can also be used to clean a hair brush, comb, makeup brushes and sponges.
- Air freshener: Purify the air, and eliminate airborne pathogens;
- A gargle: Relieve a sore throat;
- Add to a bath: Reduce aches, pains and inflammation and treat fungal infection (scabies, ringworm, etc);
- A foot soak: Soothe and revive tired or swollen feet. Disinfects and deodorises, relieves inflammation, boosts healing of any cracks or cuts, remedies fungal infections, and relieves painful bunions;
- A warm compress: Relieve muscular aches and pains. Also recommended to relieve cysts and boils;
- A cold compress: Soothe bites, plus bumps and bruises. Relieve tense facial muscles and soothe a headache.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Eucalyptus Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil.
For lice: mix three to five drops of eucalyptus with three tablespoons of a carrier oil and apply to infested hair for 30 to 40 minutes.
For bath: add a few drops to a bath product.
Gargle/mouthwash: add a few drops to a glass of water. Do not swallow!
Cleaner: Add Mix 20 drops of eucalyptus oil, 3/4 cup of water and a 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
Compress: soak a cloth in water, add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and apply to the desired area.
Insect repellent: Dilute eucalyptus oil in some water/carrier oil/lotion and rub or spritz onto the skin.
Analgesic, antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-itching, antimicrobial, anti-psoriatic, antiseptic, antiviral, decongestant, immune stimulant, insecticide, moisturising, parasiticidal, skin healing.
Minty, camphorous – sharp and highly pungent