Benefits of Gardenia Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Reduces stress and anxiety and induces relaxation;
- Improves the mood and decreases feelings of helplessness;
- Improves memory, especially among the elderly afflicted with memory-deficit, including Alzheimer’s disease;
- Provides effective and immediate relief from congestion, sore throats, clogged sinuses, and overall respiratory inflammation;
- Stimulates probiotic activity in the gut, enhancing digestion and optimising nutrient uptake. Relieves acid reflux, vomiting, flatulence, IBS, etc;
- Increases blood flow and circulation, helping to reduce pain and discomfort from headaches and migraines, and also increasing cognitive function.
- Reduces inflammation and relieves inflammatory conditions such as arthritis, ulcerative colitis and intestinal inflammation, as well as muscle aches and dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps). Can also be applied as a warm or cold compress;
- Promotes faster cell reproduction, which reduces healing time for wounds, scratches, bruises or cuts, and prevents infection;
- Offers superb hydration, improves skin elasticity, speeds up cell production, thus reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Repairs dry damaged or irritated skin and reduces inflammation;
- Decreases scarring, age spots and hyper-pigmentation.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Gardenia Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Compress: soak a cloth in water, add a few drops of gardenia oil and apply to the desired area.
Basic Properties of Gardenia Essential Oil
Antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, sedative.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Blossoms
Aroma: Floral, rich, sweet and warm, intoxicating