Used in aromatherapy:
- Enhances mental health. Promotes calmness, tranquillity and relaxation, eliminating stress, nerves and mental fatigue;
- Promotes inspiration and reflection. Comforts when dealing with grief or loss, encouraging acceptance of change and independence;
- Relieves headaches, migraines and stiff necks associated with tension;
- A natural remedy for insomnia or sleep disorders related to stress or anxiety;
- An aphrodisiac, enhancing libido, and stimulating relaxation to overcome any difficulties caused by stress or anxiety;
- An expectorant and decongestant to alleviate respiratory symptoms related to the common cold, flu, sinusitis, bronchitis and seasonal allergies such as asthma and hay fever, plus provides pain relief.
- A moisturiser and emollient to soothe conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, rosacea and psoriasis, dryness, itchiness or general redness and inflammation;
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial properties diminish acne, plus tighten enlarged pores;
- Effective against stress related skin disorders;
- Relieves fungal infections;
- Stimulates blood circulation, treats and prevents cellulite and oedemas. Cooling and soothing for bruises;
- Reduces the appearance of thread veins;
- Soothes stiff and sore joints and muscle aches;
- A significant repellent against mosquitoes, shown to provide protection of up to 8 hours.
- In a foot bath: relieves tired and aching feet. Dry, hard and damaged skin is moisturised, Athlete’s Foot, fungal infections of the nails, cuts and abrasions are soothed and treated;
- In a bath: offers complete relaxation and pain relief.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Violet Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For sleep disorders: add to a diffuser; add to water and spritz on the pillow and sheets; apply topically to the soles of the feet, wrists and temples; or add a few drops to a warm bath.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For skin care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion,etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
For bath: add a few drops to a bath product
For feet: add a few drops to a bowl of warm water.
Analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antipyretic, decongestant, diaphoretic, emollient, expectorant, febrifuge, insect repellent, sedative.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Blossoms and roots
Aroma: Delicate typical floral