Benefits of Clove Bud Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Manages anxiety, mental stress and nervous energy;
- Uplifting and invigorating;
- Renews confidence;
- Enhances concentration;
- A strong aphrodisiac. Relieves potency and frigidity;
- Boosts the immune system to fight off viruses including the common cold, flu and pneumonia;
- Enhances heart health. Dilates major arteries in the body while also lowering blood pressure.
- Treats tooth pain when applied to the tooth by numbing the nerves in the mouth for 2-3 hours. Reduces swelling and inflammation and addresses infections. Can also diminish the bacteria which causes tooth decay;
- Can bring anesthetic pain relief by suppressing sensory receptors at the point of application. Also relieves nerve pain;
- Used as a chest rub to suppress spasmodic cough and reduce inflammation. Ideal treatment for asthma and bronchitis;
- Gentle warming action relieves muscle and joint pain. Also increases blood circulation. Indicated in the treatment of rheumatism, arthritis and any muscle ailments;
- Soothes itching and burning associated with allergic reactions such as to poison ivy;
- Relieves fungal infections;
- Cleanses the pores of impurities, kills the acne killing bacteria S. aureus, and addresses pain and inflammation, to treat and deter acne;
- Promotes an even skin tone. Acts as an exfoliant, and reduces the appearance of scars, blemishes, pigmentation and stretchmarks;
- Has a tightening effect to reduce sagging skin, and reduces fine lines and wrinkles;
- Stimulates the quick healing of wounds, cuts and damaged skin. Can help with corns;
- Indicated in the treatment of scabies;
- A compress applied to bunions can reduce pain and discomfort;
- Deters insects including mosquitoes, and relieves any bites;
- Stimulates the scalp, alleviates itching, dryness, dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis. Increases blood circulation and helps to strengthen the hair roots, diminishing hair fall.
Mouthwash: Add a couple of drops to some water. Inhibits bacteria causing tooth decay and plaque, slows dental erosion and tooth decalcification, maintains healthy gums, and eliminates bad breath.
Cleaner: An effective mould remover. Use in the bathroom or damp areas to clear any mould, bacteria and odours.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Clove Bud Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For sleep disorders: use a diffuser; add to water and spritz on the pillow and sheets; apply topically to the soles of the feet, wrists and temples; or add a few drops to a warm bath.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Basic Properties of Clove Bud Essential Oil
Aphrodisiac, Anaesthetic, analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, carminative, expectorant.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Dried flower buds
Aroma: Sweet and spicy