Benefits of Amber Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Promotes harmony and balance. Calms the mind, diminishes anxiety and lowers stress levels;
- Improves cognition and concentration;
- Boosts the immune system by stimulating the production of white blood cells;
- Appeases respiratory infections, soothes inflammation of the throat and respiratory tract, suppresses production of mucus, and reduces fever;
- By relieving anxiety and stimulating circulation, it helps to increase libido, particularly for men.
- Clears clogged pores, treats acne breakouts and reduces scarring;
- Rejuvenates dry and dull looking skin;
- Accelerates skin regeneration and boosts elasticity, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles;
- Promotes the healing of minor skin lesions such as cuts, scrapes, scars, stretch marks and burns;
- Relieves fungal infections;
- Reduces the appearance of cellulite;
- Soothes muscle and joint pain. Reduces spasms;
- Diminishes chest congestion when used as a chest rub.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Amber Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil.
Basic Properties of Amber Essential Oil
Analgesic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antipyretic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, expectorant, immunomodulatory, wound healing.
Extraction Method: Hexane distillation
Parts Used: Resin
Aroma: Resinous, warm and smoky