Benefits of Lily of the Valley Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Alleviates depression, anxiety, low self-esteem and feelings of self-doubt;
- Creates a feeling of happiness. Induces balance, calm, and optimism, and provides a sense of security;
- Soothing and relaxing to promote a deep and restful sleep;
- Improves the functioning of the nervous system. Helps to limit the onset of age-related cognitive decline, and enhances a poor memory;
- Helps with easier breathing and is helpful in the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases such as asthma and emphysema;
- Relieves headaches;
- Enhances blood circulation which helps to reduce a fever.
- Perfectly moisturises and promotes skin regeneration to remedy eczema and dry or cracked skin;
- Nourishes and hydrates the skin, improves skin elasticity, and rejuvinates the skin to diminish fine lines and wrinkles;
- Evens the skin tone and diminishes pigmentation spots and existing scar tissue;
- Heals skin afflictions such as scratches, sores, bites and superficial wounds, plus accelerates wound healing without scarring, and prevents them from getting infected;
- Enhances microcirculation in massage to reduce inflammation, and relieve muscle pain and spasms;
- Reduces joint and bone pain, and is indicated in the treatment of gout and arthritis;
- Cures restlessness when applied to the back of the neck.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Lily of the Valley Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For sleep disorders: use a diffuser; add to water and spritz on the pillow and sheets; apply topically to the soles of the feet, wrists and temples; or add a few drops to a warm bath.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Basic Properties of Lily of the Valley Essential Oil
Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antioxidant, antipyretic, antispasmodic, febrifuge, purifying, sedative.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Blossoms
Aroma: Lilting, sweet