Benefits of Lilac Essential Oil
Used in aromatherapy:
- Brings inner harmony, enhances feelings of joy and uplifts the mood;
- Reduces nerve irritation in the brain to enhance the production of more “feel-good” hormones;
- A supportive tool for anxiety, stress, tension, and sadness. Soothes and calms, encouraging relaxation;
- Enhances the immune system and protects against airborne pathogens, supporting the respiratory and gastrointestinal systems;
- Further supports the immune system as a febrifuge, promoting sweating to eliminate toxins, and reducing fever;
- Lowers blood pressure.
- Heals minor burns and skin afflictions such as cuts, scratches and bug bites, protects against infection and accelerates wound healing;
- Eases sunburn, rashes and general inflammation;
- Remedies fungal infections;
- Can help to repair damage caused by photo-ageing;
- Diminishes and protects against fungal infections;
- Eliminates dandruff, balances the scalp, strengthens hair at the roots making it more flexible and resilient;
- Provides pain relief against conditions such as rheumatism and sciatica, plus muscle pain, and treats gout attacks;
- Protects against ticks and mites;
- Home treatment for haemorrhoids to reduce burning, pain and discomfort and promote healing.
Note: Essential oils are extremely potent and must always be diluted in a natural oil (such as almond, coconut, grape seed, jojoba oil) before application to the skin, scalp or hair). Ratio: 1 drop to 5ml oil.
Do not ingest.
Application of Lilac Essential Oil
For aromatherapy: add a few drops to a diffuser or oil burner.
For the treatment of fungus: topical application to the affected area.
For treatment of wounds: topical application to the affected area.
For skin and hair care: apply topically. Or add a few drops to moisturiser, body lotion, shampoo, etc.
For massage: 3 drops in 15-20 ml of base oil
Basic Properties of Lilac Essential Oil
Anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antifungal, antihypertensive, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, antiseptic, antiviral, anxiolytic, astringent, febrifuge, mood stabiliser, sedative, stimulating, tonic, vermifuge.
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Parts Used: Blossoms
Aroma: Refreshing and floral.